Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us resolve the issue or problem and to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Handling Procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact Simon Quantrill, our Client Care Partner, who has responsibility for dealing with all client complaints. You can email him at [email protected] or write to him at Quantrills Solicitors, Brackenwood, Hyams Lane, Holbrook, Ipswich IP9 2QF (telephone 01473 688100). Please provide full details of your complaint and include, if appropriate, confirmation of what you would like us to do to resolve it.
If we have to change any of the responsibilities or the timescales set out below, we will let you know and explain why.
You can download a PDF of our Complaints Handling Procedure here.
What will happen next?
- Within ten working days we will send you a letter or email acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details. We will also send you a copy of this procedure.
- We will record your complaint in our Central Complaints Register and open a file for your complaint.
- We will investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the Client Care Partner reviewing your matter file and speaking to the person who acted for you.
- If appropriate we will then invite you to meet the Client Care Partner to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We would hope to be in a position to meet with you in this way no longer than 21 days after first receiving your complaint.
- Within 14 days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions that we would like to propose or have agreed with you.
- If you would prefer not to meet, or if we cannot arrange a meeting within a mutually agreeable timescale, or a meeting is not possible for any reason, we will write fully to you setting out the firm’s views on the situation and any redress that we feel to be appropriate, within 28 days of sending you our acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments.
- We will write to you within 21 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint, and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made:
- Within six months of the date of our final written response on your complaint; and
- No more than one year of the date of the act/omission; or
- Within one year of you finding out there was cause for complaint.
For further information, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 between 10AM to 4PM or via email at [email protected] or by letter to the Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
What do if you are unhappy with our behaviour
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for concerns relating to dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other protected characteristic.
Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.